The Petties 2011

It’s time for the 2011 Petties Award!

Don’t know what a Petties Award is?
That’s ok I didn’t either until recently, so here’s DogTimes definition of a Pettie Award:
The Petties Awards are Dogtime’s annual celebration recognizing excellence among animal-loving bloggers of all stripes. The Petties are the only awards nominated by, voted for, and presented to individuals in the pet blogging community.
How it works
Between now and June 29, 2011, ­we invite all readers and writers — that means you! — to nominate your favorite blogs. This year, we’ve added four new categories to the ballot for a total of eight awards:
  • Best Dog Blog
  • Best Cat Blog
  • Best Cause-Related Blog
  • Best Overall Pet Blog
  • Best Designed Blog
  • Best Individual Blog Post
  • Best Social Integration Blog
  • Funniest Blog or Blogger
In addition to receiving a wonderful  statuette winners will award winners with a $1000 donation to the shelter of their choice!

Cool..Very cool!

To learn more about the Petties Award please visit DogTime
So what are you waiting for? Get on with it and start nominating your favorite blogs in each category.

Here is who I am casting my nominations for:

Best Dog Blog-DawgBusiness

Best Cat Blog-The Tiniest Tiger

Best Cause Related Blog-Be The Change For Animals

Best Overall Pet Blog-Pawcurious

Best Designed Blog-Two Little Cavaliers

Best Individual Blog post-CatChat for this post

Best Social Integration Blog- DogTipper

Funniest Blog or Blogger- MyBrownNewfies!

Yes it is a reach, and I can’t expect much when running with these HUGE blogs, but well…you know us, we are always up for a challenge and we have nothing to lose only money to gain for our favorite shelter!

Now…. I am going to go for the sympathy vote here:

Oh yes I am!
 -When voting please keep in mind all the injuries that I have suffered when sharing some of my posts such as,
but not limited to- many fat lips, bloody noses, concussions, a chipped tooth, black eyes and the many, many trips and falls

Oh….. and let us never, never forget about the tomato post:)

To nominate your favorite blog please go here.

14 Comments on The Petties 2011

1. 24 Paws of Love
    June 16, 2011 at 6:31 am (3 years ago)

You've got our vote! We love you and your Newfies whether you win or lose. Thanks for always putting a smile on our faces! :)

2. Bailey
    June 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm (3 years ago)

Good luck with the contest.

June 16, 2011 at 1:31 pm (3 years ago)

Ha ha ha! Hubby told me this morning that he nominated me for the Petties. I doubt I'll get many votes, either, but I thought it was nice of him. I'm cheering for you, and you've certainly taken a lot of "tough love" from the boys!

June 16, 2011 at 2:19 pm (3 years ago)

Good luck!

5. ♥I am Holly♥
    June 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm (3 years ago)

We voted….we hope you win!!! Lots of love, Holly & Mom

6. Patty
    June 16, 2011 at 4:02 pm (3 years ago)

I just read the tomato post. I am so glad I am the only one in the office right now. Between the pictures and the story, I could not stop laughing!!

7. Kristine
    June 16, 2011 at 7:39 pm (3 years ago)

You are definitely a great candidate for the funniest blog. I wish you the best of luck!I have nominated a couple people so far but I really need to get on this before the deadline. No doubt I will leave it to the last minute. :-P It's the first I've ever heard of something like this and I think it's a lovely way to share the love.

8. Bailey Be Good!
    June 17, 2011 at 1:27 am (3 years ago)

Good luck! I'm glad you stopped by to visit me. :) I noticed that your photos are gone from that bad site — did you send them an email?I'm following you now. :)Woofs & hugs,~Bailey

9. Cat Chat With Caren And Cody
    June 17, 2011 at 2:22 am (3 years ago)

OH MYYY!!! We are sooooooo touched! THANK YOU for nominating us for that post! We are just thrilled!!!Did you know you can nominate more than once? We are heading over right now to give you a vote as well!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!xoxoxoxo

10. jen
    June 17, 2011 at 3:33 am (3 years ago)

Thank you to everyone for nominating us! A friend told us that they nominated us so I thought what the heck! We will keep our fingers crossed!@Houndstooth-I wish I would of known! What category are you in? I will head over now!@ Bailey – Yes I did send them an email, thanks to you and thanks to Kols notes who sent us email!I can not thank you enough for bringing this to our attention!@Caren-you deserve to be nominated!

11. kathi
    June 17, 2011 at 7:29 pm (3 years ago)

The sympathy vote idea is sheer brilliance! As someone whose Rottweiler-caused bumps and bruises were numerous enough to have caused well-meaning inquiries like "How are things at home? Are you and your husband getting on okay?" I cannot believe I never thought of that approach myself :)