This certainly wasn’t the calm, relaxing, take a deep breath week before Christmas that I had planned.
Nope. Nothing about it was calm, or relaxing, and believe me, I only told you about 1/2 the stuff that went on. The rest we’ll just leave for another day because despite all the negative things that happened there were still a few positive things that went on and those are the things that I need to focus on.
So here’s my list of things that brought a smile to my face this week:
1. Snow. Not when it was pelting me across the face as I tried to finish up my Christmas shopping, but when I got home and saw Newfie faces covered in it.
2. Band Concert. Bobby had his first band concert this week where he played We Wish You A Merry Christmas on his saxophone. It was music to my ears.
3. Checking out the chimney. I found Gracie checking out the chimney this week. She was just wondering how Santa fits down such a small opening. I swear we had this conversation last year.
4. Leroy in the show ring. Well, this was last week but it’s still putting a smile on my face this week even though he didn’t win. It was nice to be back at a show again.
5. My Christmas tree and my family gathered around it. We might not all have our health right now but we are all together and that’s what matters.
So how about you? What made you smile this week?