It’s the last Monday Mischief post of 2012 and to celebrate a great year in mischief making I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my favorite posts of 2012 today. Not all of them contain mischief but the ones that are listed are posts that stuck out this year.
With well over 200 post written for the year, 13 of them made the cut, but before we get to that I wanted to thank everyone who stops by and reads our blog. Thank you for your kind words, encouragement, support and laughter over this year! We hope that in 2013 we can continue to share wonderful tales, many more Mondays filled with mischief, and bring you lots of new and exciting features to My Brown Newfies.
So without further ado here is my favorite posts of 2012:
1. The Tale Of The Shamrock Shake. I just loved seeing Sherman take a lick of his first Shamrock shake. Now he knows a little bit of what heaven tastes like.
2. I’ve Got The Whole World At My Paws. One of my favorite pictures ever of Leroy and this picture won Best Photo On A Blog at the first ever BlogPaws Nose to Nose Pet Blogging and Social Media Awards. This picture also provided 5,000 meals to a local shelter. Best feeling ever!
3. 5 Silly Comments I Get When Walking The Dogs. This was a post that received a lot of reader interaction from people who feel the exact same way when they are out for a nice walk with their dogs, but it also upset some people who thought that people are just being curious about the breed and that I should not make fun of it.
4. Why You Should Never Use Your Daughter’s Favorite Stuffed Animal as a Dog Prop. This was just a fun photo-shoot that went horribly wrong at the expense of an innocent bunny.
5. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie. 4 Different Positions you Might Find Your Dog Sleeping In Today. Not a post that received a lot of comments but one of my top viewed posts of the year.
6. This Is What I Love. Fishing, Dogs, Dragonflies, and Kids. I remember this day like it was yesterday and I am so glad that I was able to capture it in pictures.
7. Keeping Good On My Bet. Meet Gibby the Guinea Pig. How can this not be one of my favorite posts of this year?
8. Welcome to the Gun Show. One of my most embarrassing posts and I still hear comments about it. I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote this and my sister still teases me about it.
9. I Say It Loud. I Say It Proud. I Am A Pet Blogger. We should all be proud to be pet bloggers and I am glad I shouted it out.
10. How I Taught My Dog To Pee In A Bowl. What can I say? It’s an informative post that every pet owner will need to refer to at some point in time.
11. Gibby the Guinea Pig Gets Behind the Wheel. It’s the first time I realized that this little pig has major potential.
12. Why I Wish My Dogs Could Go To School With My Kids. An emotional post for me and for a lot of readers that have dealt with bullying. It’s still a very painful place in my heart.
13. If I Only Had A Brain. One of the funnest post I did all year and Leroy’s costume won in the Pets Adviser and Embrace Halloween 2012 Photo Contest and because of that, $1,000 was donated to the NCA Rescue Network! Best feeling ever!
I don’t think I could ask for a better blog year. It’s been a blast and I feel blessed that this little blog was able to provide very generous donations to organizations in need.
So what do you think? Did any of your favorites make the list?
The Monday Mischief Pet Bloghop
Welcome to Monday Mischief – The pet blog hop that wraps up the weekend! This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s Blog, Snoopy’s Dog Blog, My Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life