I have to apologize for not being around much lately but we are in the midst of a teachers strike in the city where I live and I have been focusing all my attention and energy on staying up to date on information regarding the strike so that I can make decisions regarding Bobby and Gracie who are directly affected by this. I hope to be back to regular blogging in a few days.
It’s been a few weeks, wait maybe it’s only be a few days, since I’ve given you the latest “State of the MyBrownNewfies Health Status.”
Sherman shows no signs of any issues with his chest, at all. Done and gone. His ACL injury, which was doing very well until his “I’m going to herd the sheep” episode, has gone from good to o.k. He’s limping intermittently, usually after he over does it, of which we are trying to avoid.
His cold laser therapy treatment is set to start on March 13th because that was the soonest we could get in. I’m really excited to get this started and I will be sure to give you updates as we go because I know that several people were interested to see how this treatment works for Sherman.
Leroy’s ears are going to be the death of me. A slow painful death. Even though I have been diligently following all the recommended treatments his ears are still a mess. We go from bacteria to yeast and back to bacteria and treat accordingly. At his last recheck on Tuesday the vet cursed when she looked in his ears.
Since Leroy’s ears are so darn big we were thinking that maybe the medicine wasn’t getting down deep enough in the canal so we started using oral syringes to apply the medicine. With the oral syringes we were able to get a bit deeper down in the canal, but it didn’t work as well as we had hoped.
Right now we continue to treat both ears and keep our paws crossed.
Leroy has been such a trooper with all these treatments. 90% of the time he lets me do what I need to do. The other 10% he’s running away from me as soon as he sees me grab the medicine. One time I may or may not have had him in figure four head lock on the floor. (Yeah, picture that:)
As far as the diet is concerned I would like to thank everyone who joined in on our Raw Food discussion! I learned so much and was provided with a lot of excellent resources to educate myself on this diet from many of you. I still have no idea if we are going to go this route but I am intrigued.