This past week was crazy hectic as the kids went back to school and we all tried to fall back into a schedule.
By the time the weekend came I was pretty much exhausted and I just wanted to spend some time around the house and with the family.
It was nice to just sit back and relax and take it all in. Summer’s going to be gone before I know and I want to savor it for as long as I can.
Lucky for me I took my camera just about everywhere I went this weekend and I was able to capture the things that really brought a smile to my face and here are my top 8 smile worthy things, in no particular order of course.
1. This dog. Who goes out every morning with me to check on the status of our sunflowers, because he knows these sunflowers will sing and dance one day for him.
2. This sunflower. Who I’ve been waiting forever to open up and show me it’s true color. I never expected it to be so gosh darn gorgeous.
3. This little girl. Who just blows my mind every single day and who I enjoy every minute of time that I spend with her.
4. This beautiful tomato. Who I have waited to grow and be ready for picking for 4 months and it was totally worth the long wait. It doesn’t get more perfect than that.
5. This dog. Who runs to greet me every single day. How can this face not make you smile every single day, 365 days a year?
6. This handsome young man. Who has gained more confidence in himself this year than he had last year and is totally going to tear it up on the football field and I can’t wait to be his loudest cheerleader.
7. This spider. Who took up residency on our back deck 9 days ago. Normally a creature like this is not welcome anywhere near me, but this guy has worked long and hard on his web and as long as he stays outside, he can hang with us.
8. This up-opened sunflower.. Who is going to totally surprise me when it reveals its true color later this week. I’m guessing yellow.
So what about you? What made you smile this weekend?