Last month I started to pay little bit more attention to what brings people to this blog.
Obviously, It’s Sherman and Leroy but not all visits to this blog stem from them.
I like to see what people are searching for besides brown newfies.
So what are people searching for? What do people type in? What key words bring them here?
That is the question.
And I have the answer because Monday night I spent a good amount of time going through my search engine terms that land people here.
The hot key search for this blog that blows every other one out of the water seems to be dog poop and how to collect it and get it to the vet office properly.
People really care about this and I’m glad they care about it because every dog owner should know how to bring a poop sample to the vet.
Here are some of the searches that pop up in regards to poop transporting:
- Can you put a dogs poop in frig to have it tested?
- How do I collect my dogs poop sample?
- How do I store my dog’s poop sample?
- How much dog poop do I need to take to the vet?
- What should I put my dog’s poop in to take it to the vet?
- How to put dog poop sample in a container. Hint-very carefully.
Which leads me to believe that there is a communication break down between vets and pet owners and we must break this barrier. Maybe someone needs to design a flier or a brochure that is sitting at the front desk of every vet clinic in the world or I need to make an info graph, stat.(back off info graph nerds, I’m already on this and its mine)
Another thing a lot of dog owners seem to be interested in is why their dog sleeps the way it does.
Hundreds of people want to know:
- Why does my dog sleep with it’s legs straight up in the air?
- Why does my dog curl up in a ball when it is sleeping?
- Why does a dog sleep with his butt towards my face? Personal problem
I like this one because people really do want to get to know their dogs better and I’m not the only one who wants to know why Leroy sleeps with his legs straight up in the air!
Acorns are hot this time of the year too. Those little things are everywhere and dogs, like Sherman, just can’t get enough of them.
- Can dogs eat acorns?
- Dog eating acorns
- 16 week old puppy ate acorns and is sick. Awe! Poor puppy, feel better soon!
Now the real fun ones, and the reason why I like doing this, for the real odd searches that come up:
- Pee garden.com. I hope that was a typo
- Walk your pet stuffed animal. Who’s walking a stuffed animal and why and where? I want to see it and take a picture.
- What does it mean to tap you balls? Haha! It means there is something wrong with more than 3 other people in this world and it’s not just me! (happy dance)
- Lost guinea pig outside. Awe….somebody else was dumb enough to take their guinea pig outside and let them down on the ground. Hope they found him.
- Dog licks plunger. Just gross.
- Do not wake me up at 6:30 in the morning. Yeah! I’m right there with you! Don’t do it or I’ll bite your face off!
- Train your dog to eat goldfish. I hope we’re talking about the crackers.
- Cashier wet herself. I don’t know about this one. I don’t think I’ve ever talked about me peeing myself on the blog. That would be embarrassing, but just because I’m feeling generous, I did wet myself several years ago shortly after I had Gracie. It was in the parking lot of Old Navy and the reason is because my “parts” just weren’t functioning at normal capacity since giving birth. There. Now the search is relevant and the cashier doesn’t feel lonely.
- Punch buggy. Awesome. I’m not the only one who still plays this. No punch-backs muthers!
- How to have a weird conversation. I get this one and you have come to the right place my friend. Stick around and join the fun or join me on a walk, plenty of weirdness there!
- Leroy said he don’t want the ball. Leroy said this? When and where? I’m the only one who has conversations with my dog
- Mischief to do in school. Stop it right now. No mischief in school! You are in school to get an education not to get into mischief, or PM me and we’ll talk. I have a few classics.
- Dog that looks like bear. I guarantee this was the lady in the white car who saw Leroy and I out for a walk the other day and did a double take. Really? Come on people, it’s a Newfoundland!
- How to tell if your allergic to your guinea pig. Your eye swells and looks like it’s going to pop out of your head. Don’t worry, it’ll fall back in place after a few hours.
- My dog woke me up having sex with me. Eck! I……..I……..I am mortified. What is going on in your house and how did your dog get to that point without you knowing? OMG! My brain! Stop searching for that! And how long did it take you to get here while searching for that? So many questions and no answers.
So besides the last one, this was fun and made me eternally happy.
Keep searching people.
Keep searching for dog poop, acorns, and reasons why your dog sleeps the way they do.
But search for weirdness too.
Keep being weird.
Keep making me smile.