Double The Thanks And Double The Donation #ShakeItForward

DSC_08161

In keeping with the spirit of Thanksgiving I normally write a post sharing what I am thankful for. These are always hard posts to write because I’m thankful for so many things some being more obvious than others.

Obviously I’m thankful for my family, all of them.

And I’m thankful that they’re silly.

I need silly in my life. I need to be able to laugh and my family, including Sherman and Leroy, provide me with that silliness.

We have a lot of fun together and sometimes I laugh at them and sometimes I like to think that they laugh at me. I think we compliment each other with our silly antics and our big hearts and sometimes we even have some great dog conversations.

I’m usually the one doing most of the talking but Leroy has been known to rudely interrupt me while I’m trying to explain something of great importance to him. Like why we don’t remove the cushions from the couch when we sit on it. Then Leroy tries to explain why he needs to remove the cushions and it’s normally an amusing reason that makes me burst out laughing and then Leroy gets mad because I’m laughing at him.

Leroy and I have had a few that have gone down similar to this Punk’d Puppy video from Iams.

This video totally makes me laugh and I’m sure it will make you giggle a little too, but what’s super awesome about this video is it’s part of the Iams #ShakeItForward campaign and for every view that it got last month Iams donated 1 bowl of food to animal shelters across the country.

Shakeables1

You might have seen the video surface last month when Iams Shakeables partnered with Andrew Grantham to give pet fans a super fun treat as well as help pets in need when they launched the #ShakeItForward campaign and set an amazingly goal of trying to reach 250,000 bowls donated just for every view of the video and #ShakeItForward share.

Well Iams recently hit that 250,000 bowl donation and was overwhelmed by the response that the campaign had, so now, in the spirit of Thanksgiving Iams is going to #ShakeItForward by doubling their donation to 500,000 bowls!

IAMS_DonationDoubled_Infographic_FINAL

How awesome is that?!

500,000 bowls of love donated to help feed pets in need.

We’re big supporters of companies that give so much to pets in need and do so in creative and fun ways so that’s why we’re helping spread the word that Iams is now doubling their donation. You can share your support by sharing this good news too by using #ShakeItForward.

You can also show Iams some love on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: I have written this post on behalf of BlogPaws Pet Blogger Network for Iams Shakeables. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about the Iams #ShakeItForward double down donation, but My Brown Newfies only shares information that we support and think you will too.

28 Comments on Double The Thanks And Double The Donation #ShakeItForward

1. Rascal and Rocco
    November 25, 2013 at 11:30 pm (5 months ago)

Good to have sillies and not take life too seriously!

November 26, 2013 at 10:31 pm (5 months ago)

It’s what keeps me going!

2. bichonpawz
    November 26, 2013 at 2:00 am (5 months ago)

Excellent post Jen! We will have to give these Iams Shakeables a try!! That is absolutely terrific that they reached their goal!!
    bichonpawz recently posted…Tasty Tuesday: #Chewy EditionMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 10:32 pm (5 months ago)

Isn’t it fantastic? Iams is always doing such creative things to help out pets and needs and over the years they have helped so many!

November 26, 2013 at 10:33 pm (5 months ago)

A lot of food that will feed a lot of pets! I love the video too, it makes me laugh!

November 26, 2013 at 10:34 pm (5 months ago)

Isn’t that the best? Yay!

November 26, 2013 at 10:34 pm (5 months ago)

Me too…it’s so fun and I can totally relate!

3. Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady
    November 26, 2013 at 9:06 am (5 months ago)

Oh I absolutely love that video! I saw it on youtube a while ago and I laughed so hard! That guy does quite a few others that are funny as well!
    Great post!
    Jenna,Mark “HuskyCrazed” Drady recently posted…OMD Monday’sMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 10:35 pm (5 months ago)

Thank you! He does do the best videos and for great causes!

November 26, 2013 at 10:24 am (5 months ago)

You keep interrupting, Leroy, BOL. We read somewhere online the turkey and lamb had a voluntary recall
    Lily

November 26, 2013 at 10:39 pm (5 months ago)

It’s so fun and made me smile too ;)

November 26, 2013 at 2:47 pm (5 months ago)

I love a family that has some silliness in it. As my kids often say “If we can make mom laugh, we can get by with anything. The dogs know that too.
    jan recently posted…It’s one in a rowMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 10:39 pm (5 months ago)

That is so true Jan!

6. Felissa (Two Little Cavaliers)
    November 26, 2013 at 7:14 pm (5 months ago)

We just love your boys. We think they have the sweetest faces in the whole world. We think we would probably need a few extra couches if you came to visit though. Good thing you can’t remove the cushions from our couch. The more cushions and pillows the better.
    Felissa (Two Little Cavaliers) recently posted…Adorable DIY Stocking for Dog LoversMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 10:44 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks so much for the kind words Felissa!

Leroy’s the couch hog, we have one couch that the cushions don’t come off of and as soon as he figured that out he never went on it again! We’ll for sure bring an extra couch when we come to play with Davinia and Indiana ;)

November 26, 2013 at 8:05 pm (5 months ago)

My boys and I often share conversations. If anyone were to witness them, I’m sure they’d think I was crazy, but I don’t care.

I’ve seen those Iams Shakeables at the store! Thought about buying them, but decided my boys have enough treats for the moment. Might just have to go back and buy more to support Iams efforts!
    sprinkles recently posted…Moody MondayMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 10:45 pm (5 months ago)

Lol. Just tonight I was making dinner in the kitchen and I was talking to Sherman. My husband was sitting in the other room and asked me who I was talking to. :)

8. rubytheairedale
    November 26, 2013 at 8:21 pm (5 months ago)

Oh, that is one of my all time favorite videos!!! Most of his videos are just FABulous, and make Ma LOL!! Now….I wants some of those treaties!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    rubytheairedale recently posted…False Confession ~ The Big RevealMy Profile

November 26, 2013 at 10:45 pm (5 months ago)

I know, I love his voice!

9. dogvaccinationgawler
    November 26, 2013 at 10:19 pm (5 months ago)

Had fun on this page! thanks for the awesome donations of food :)

November 26, 2013 at 10:46 pm (5 months ago)

Thanks for stopping by today!

10. tylersat99
    November 27, 2013 at 1:36 am (5 months ago)

Wonderful that Iams made such a huge donation. The girls and I laugh at each other a lot. They enjoy making us laugh because they know they make us happy:-)
    tylersat99 recently posted…Fall Walk for us AllMy Profile

November 27, 2013 at 6:22 am (5 months ago)

I love that Leroy will interrupt you!!