Does Your Dog Ever Snub You?

Happy Monday and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

We had a pretty low key weekend and the only one who seemed to be up to any mischief was Sherman.

I know.

It’s very hard to belief that innocent Sherman could ever be up to any mischief but this week proved to be a little tough on him because I went back to work and he is not at all happy about that.

It seems as though Sherman has become accustomed to having me home all day, everyday, and even though my new job is just a few hours a week, enough to get me out of the house and engaging in some social interaction with people, Sherman has no fear of telling me how he does not appreciate me leaving him.

Let me tell you, I get an ear full every time I walk through the door.

Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof.

Then he gives me a kiss.

Then he walks away and seriously ignores me for the next several hours.

I even tried to butter him up with some special treats that I brought home, and he still snubbed me.

Hopefully this is just a phase and he will get back into the groove of me not being home 24/7 sooner than later because I can’t take being snubbed by him for much longer!

So how about you? Does your dog ever snub you?

33 Comments on Does Your Dog Ever Snub You?

March 17, 2014 at 1:14 am (9 months ago)

Since we are home with Bentley & Pierre all day and night, he doesn’t like us to leave him either. However, the first time that we had to kennel him to leave town, he was miffed. We let him outside and he went to the back of the yard and turned his back on us for about ten minutes. It was enough to let us know that he didn’t care much for being left. I dread leaving him for the conference. Hopefully, I’ll have enough swag for him that he’ll forgive me. Are you going? How about Moses & Sherman??
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…The Luck of the IrishMy Profile

2. retro rover
    March 17, 2014 at 6:25 am (9 months ago)

Oh Sherman you are so cute! Our guys are pretty used to being left daily when we go to work, but when we have a vacation they get used to having us home and its an adjustment to go back

retro rover
    retro rover recently posted…Happy Birthday Gil ElvgreenMy Profile

3. Tenacious Little Terrier
    March 17, 2014 at 6:28 am (9 months ago)

After the first frantic greeting, Mr. N will snub me for the rest of the day and cozy up to the boyfriend if I leave him for a few days.

4. Sue
    March 17, 2014 at 7:56 am (9 months ago)

Poor Sherman, he really needs his mama 24/7! Tucker used to really snub me if I came home smelling like other dogs. Since I work at home, my current 3 expect me to be here 24/7. Its a big deal to them when I leave and they’re overjoyed to see me return.
    Sue recently posted…Mother Nature and Tuesdays Tails | Monday MischiefMy Profile

5. Dolly the Doxie
    March 17, 2014 at 7:58 am (9 months ago)

You’re kidding right? I can’t let mom in the bathroom with the door shut! You could have cats instead of Sherman if that’s the kind of treatment you are used to. Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Monday Mischief: Spring BreakMy Profile

March 17, 2014 at 8:29 am (9 months ago)

Ha! Yes, I’ve been snubbed, but usually it’s my husband who gets the snub treatment. When he got home Friday after being gone for a week, the girls were not much of a welcoming committee! And Bunny was honked off that he wants to sleep in what she deems HER spot on the bed! rofl It’s good to be loved!
    houndstooth recently posted…On Greyhounds And IrelandMy Profile

March 17, 2014 at 8:34 am (9 months ago)

I would NEVER snub my Humans…;) I have heard that my Flat Coat brother, who I never knew, used to be an expert in the field of snubs.

Happy St. Pat’s!
    Hawk aka BrownDog recently posted…Too Full of Myself!My Profile

8. Sand spring Chesapeakes
    March 17, 2014 at 8:54 am (9 months ago)

Whatcha doing these days for work now? I can’t say I get snubbed, john does thou. Beautiful pictures.

9. Bailey
    March 17, 2014 at 9:42 am (9 months ago)

Shelties hate to be ignored it is like the worst punishment ever. So I know I’m in trouble when Bailey turns his back and shows me the butt. I’m not paying attention to you is his way of shunning.
    Bailey recently posted…Happy St. Patrick’s DayMy Profile

10. Jen
    March 17, 2014 at 10:20 am (9 months ago)

It’s adorable that the tell-off includes a kiss. Like “I love you, and this hurts me too, but it’s for your own good!”
    Jen recently posted…Ruthie, with Special Needs DobermansMy Profile

11. Jen K
    March 17, 2014 at 10:44 am (9 months ago)

Aww poor Sherman! It sounds like he’s excited to see you then remembers after he greets you that he’s mad. Punishing you with “friends off”. lol I’m sure he’ll get used to the new routine. Does Leroy take it as personally?
    Jen K recently posted…Black & White Sunday 15: GreetingsMy Profile

March 17, 2014 at 11:43 am (9 months ago)

The nerve a that dog! The nerve a you leavin’ him! Sheesh!

My dogs haven’t given me the silent treatment. They wig out when I get home from anywhere, especially if I’ve been away a few days, and are like super glue.
    Flea recently posted…Cats vs Dogs, FBM 65My Profile

13. Stella Rose
    March 17, 2014 at 11:47 am (9 months ago)

NOpe we have nevers did that BUT meanole cat dietzman does it all the times.
    stella rose

March 17, 2014 at 12:25 pm (9 months ago)

Congrat’s Jen on the job!!! Harley is the one that has a moment when I leave him home. He waits for me to return and will take something of mine and hide it, or run around with it. He never destroys it, he just won’t let me have it: hat, glove, wallet, you name it. I usually have to sit still and wait for him to come over to me for some attention, then we make up, he returns the stolen property and all is once again “PAWfect” in Doodleville
    Cathy Bennett recently posted…DOODLE DAY CAREMy Profile

15. Jessica
    March 17, 2014 at 12:28 pm (9 months ago)

If I stay away too long, Silas goes crazy when I come home. For fifteen minutes, then he remembers that he’s supposed to resent me for leaving him. From then on, I don’t exist anymore.
    Jessica recently posted…ShakeupMy Profile

March 17, 2014 at 1:17 pm (9 months ago)

Once in a great while Sampson will turn his head away when I lean in to talk to him or kiss him. It doesn’t bother me so much as it bothers my husband. Oh does that bother him.
    Jodi recently posted…Some Big EasyMy Profile

March 17, 2014 at 1:17 pm (9 months ago)

Jack, my velcro dog hates when I leave, but he’s pretty beside himself when I get home. Maggie snubs us all the time, but I think it’s more her natural shyness – at least I hope so.
    slimdoggy recently posted…Is this Really Mischief or just Silliness?My Profile

March 17, 2014 at 2:16 pm (9 months ago)

We don’t get snubbed as much a the stink eye look. Poor Sherman is just a bit confused I’ll wager. He’ll adjust Mum..Newfies are smart. Give him a kiss for me.

19. Amy
    March 17, 2014 at 5:12 pm (9 months ago)

Oh yes, we get snubbed when we go out of town and have to board Toby. He’s ecstatic to see us, then ignores us for hours.

20. Susan and the gang from LifeWithDogsAndCats.com
    March 17, 2014 at 5:12 pm (9 months ago)

My dogs (and cats) are used to me not being around 24/7, so they don’t snub. Instead, I get a warm greeting from 7/8 of my gang nearly every time I walk in the door. (Athena the cat will come say hello after the greeting tumult dies down. I think she wants me all to herself.)

–Woofs (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats
    Susan and the gang from LifeWithDogsAndCats.com recently posted…Story: Play Ball!My Profile

21. Dogmama
    March 17, 2014 at 7:25 pm (9 months ago)

Only all the time! I was JUST writing about this!
    Dogmama recently posted…Pup-themed party!My Profile

22. Laika
    March 18, 2014 at 5:26 am (9 months ago)

When I am left home alone, I lay on my dad’s pillow. Normally I am with my peeps but occasionally I am home alone. Have a great day.
    Laika recently posted…En frygtelig nat.My Profile

23. 2browndawgs
    March 18, 2014 at 6:49 am (9 months ago)

LOL Sherman sounds like a cat. Love the St Paddie.s Day pictures. Good luck on the new job!
    2browndawgs recently posted…Party!My Profile

24. Vlad & Barkly's Dee
    March 19, 2014 at 1:24 am (9 months ago)

I don’t get snubbed, but I always make sure they know I’m leaving. It sounds silly, but they’re always happy to see me when I come back. First I tell them, “Mom has to go to town. Come,” and they follow me to the back door. After I feel them sit behind me at the door, I turn around and say, “You’re in charge now. Don’t let anyone in,” and I leave. Then I treat them as soon as I come back–often with new treats that I got while out. I’m sure this probably makes me a crazy-dog-lady, but it seems to work.

March 19, 2014 at 3:44 pm (9 months ago)

I’ve gotten that treatment from cats when going away for a few days, but I’ve never gotten it from the dogs. I can see it happening though since you were home with them all the time for so long. I’m sure Sherman will get used to it again.
    Jan K recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – Pretty In RedMy Profile