R.I.P. Flip Flop

A Proper Burial

Another one of my favorite shoes bit the dust late last week due to a very big and clumsy newfie paw.

The Newfie paw belonged to Leroy.

It’s the same paw that has ruined several slippers because Leroy has an issue with invading my personal space when I’m walking.

In this case I guess you could say that it technically was my fault for wearing flip flops on a walk with a 160 pound dog who has issues of invading personal feet space, but hey, it’s summer and my feet live in flip flops during the summer.

Who would of thought that my dog was going to step on the back of my flip flop as we were crossing the street causing my flip flop to snap in half and me fall flat on my face in front of an undetermined amount of cars stopped at the red light of the street we were crossing?

Not me man. Not me.

Apparently, I need to add flip flops to the list of things I should not wear while going for a walk with Leroy.

No loose pants. No flip flops.

Got it.

Disclosure-This post is NOT sponsored by Nike. My favorite flip flops are Nike. Period. If Nike wants to partner up, say by sending me a new pair of flip flops, that is fine by me. :)

26 Comments on R.I.P. Flip Flop

1. Miley
    July 14, 2014 at 7:57 am (3 months ago)

Oh no, I can’t help but giggle. We are constantly stepping on mom’s flip flops, she doesn’t understand why we have to walk so close behind. BOL!
    Miley recently posted…A Guided Tour Of My BackyardMy Profile

2. Dory and the Mama
    July 14, 2014 at 10:06 am (3 months ago)

I definitely think Nike should send you a new pair for the adorable advertising!
    Dory and the Mama recently posted…Mischevious MondayMy Profile

3. Jennifer
    July 14, 2014 at 10:13 am (3 months ago)

I hope you are not hurt! As for the flip flops – I am still trying to find one that disappeared a month ago – the dog loves eating our shoes. He managed to get one of my Croc flip-flops, which I adore and would wear always, and I have no idea if he was actually able to consume the dang thing or if he just put it in the best hiding spot ever. Newfs rock :)

July 14, 2014 at 11:06 am (3 months ago)

So sorry to hear of your loss.. R.I.P Flip Flip. Lol!

July 14, 2014 at 11:22 am (3 months ago)

People around here wear flip flops year around, rain or shine. I gave them up years ago when i had an accident wearing them that I couldn’t blame on a large dog.
    jan recently posted…Things are not always what they seemMy Profile

July 14, 2014 at 12:02 pm (3 months ago)

Bentley doesn’t step on my flip flops because he is always trying to smell something. Unfortunately, I can manage to fall without his assistance! BOL!!
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Basset Hounds 101 ~ Part 3My Profile

7. KimT
    July 14, 2014 at 12:14 pm (3 months ago)

Heck, you don’t need to avoid wearing flip flops on your walks – you need multiple backup pairs of them. From one flip flop lover to another…. so sorry for your loss ;)
    KimT recently posted…In Black and White: SearchingMy Profile

8. Beth
    July 14, 2014 at 12:29 pm (3 months ago)

Poor flip flop. Poor you! I can’t wear flip flops when I walk Barley, either. She doesn’t break them, but she does find a way to step on them so they stay on the ground and my foot is shoeless! I finally broke down and bought some Merrell sandals this summer because I just hate having real shoes on in the summer! So far, so good.
    Beth recently posted…Running Away to the CircusMy Profile

July 14, 2014 at 1:24 pm (3 months ago)

Please send your picture to Nike! I’m sure they would be happy to compensate you if they can use that picture in their advertising. Just don’t tell them Leroy was instrumental in breaking your current pair. :)

10. Taryn
    July 14, 2014 at 1:33 pm (3 months ago)

I hope you were able to recover your dignity after taking a spill in front of a captive audience! Also hope you were not injured!

July 14, 2014 at 2:10 pm (3 months ago)

Oh boy, glad you didn’t get run over! Mom knows never to wear anything but good walking shoes on our walks because she may need solid footing at any given moment and flip flops would send her flopping like you did!
    Emma recently posted…Baywatch GBGV StyleMy Profile

July 14, 2014 at 2:20 pm (3 months ago)

I’m trying to not laugh too loud, because I’ve been in fear for my favorite LL Bean flip flops for some time now…. it seems Lola has a habit of stepping on the back of mine… One of these days it’s going to be either bye-bye flip flop, or bye-bye Mama’s knee……… not sure which.
    Nichole recently posted…Black & White Sunday: Objects In The Mirror Are Closer Than They AppearMy Profile

July 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm (3 months ago)

Somebody needs to invent a flip-flop that can sustain a large dog on the back of ones flip-flop. Did you stay down for a few extra seconds so folks wouldn’t laugh because they felt sorry for you? I would have BOL. Take care.

14. Susan and the gang from LifeWithDogsAndCats.com
    July 14, 2014 at 5:00 pm (3 months ago)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your flip flops. I worked with a dog trainer once who told everyone on the first day of class not to wear flip flops, for the exact reason. It doesn’t take a 160-pound newfie to trip you up; she said any dog could do it. (Hope Nike hears you, though!)

–Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats
    Susan and the gang from LifeWithDogsAndCats.com recently posted…Story: Dogs vs. GroundhogMy Profile

July 15, 2014 at 12:18 am (3 months ago)

I had to LOL at that because Jack does exactly the same thing. Usually it’s my slippers in the house, but to the same effect. They must think it’s funny to trip mom up.
    slimdoggy recently posted…SlimDoggy Dog Food DatabaseMy Profile

16. dawn
    July 19, 2014 at 12:29 pm (2 months ago)

Goodness! I’m glad you weren’t hurt. But it does sound quite embarrassing. If it helps, I fell in Maya’s poop once on a walk when I bent down to pick it up and she knocked me over. I was mortified, but I have a sinking feeling that Maya thought it was pretty funny.

BTW, I hope Nike sends you another pair of flip flops!
    dawn recently posted…Barks & Bytes #7 New Funny Dogs in Car VideoMy Profile

17. Dolly the Doxie
    July 21, 2014 at 9:38 am (2 months ago)

Uhmmm wear real shoes? Flip flops are so dangerous we just don’t get people who wear them all the time, sorry! Mom saw a woman get hers caught in the escalator running to catch a train. Ouch. I destroyed a few shoes in my younger days, the tips off of shoelaces were her favorite, but luckily I out grew it. Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…How Pets Help Seniors’ LivesMy Profile