Tail Troubles

This face.

It’s a face that gives the impression that he is so sweet and innocent.

I’m just laying here looking sad and sweet and this is all I do all day long.

WRONG.

This sad pathetic face finds itself in more mischief than you can imagine.

It’s the kind of mischief that most other dogs don’t find themselves in.

Take Leroy and my alarm clock.

The alarm clock seems to be a source of ongoing mischief for both of my dogs.

It should be a simple electronic device that does nothing more than wake me up in the morning but it’s constantly a source of trouble for me and the dogs.

No matter where I put it or how I rig it, it’s always an issue.

Like the morning Leroy got it wrapped around his tail.

According to the time I set my alarm to wake me up, it wasn’t even close to being time to wake up…. but since Sherman and Leroy thought it was time, the happy tails started wagging a little too early.

Happy tails wagging close to the bed means something on my nightstand is going to take a beating which is why I keep items on the nightstand to a minimal. On this morning it happened to be the alarm clock which was swept off the table and into the wall.

The alarm clock smashing against the wall was enough to make me open up an eye to take a peek to see if there was any dangerous pieces parts laying around.

Well there wasn’t any pieces parts but me opening my eyes was enough to set Leroy into motion of  “She’s up! It’s time to go outside and pee!”

So unknowingly to me, Leroy took off running towards the door with the alarm clock cord wrapped around his tail.

Obviously he didn’t get very far before the cord tightened up around his tail and he found himself unable to move forward anymore.

There was a nice high pitched dog scream that followed which in turn made me jump out bed looking to see what was going on.

Me jumping out of bed made the tail wag more, which tightened the cord around Leroy’s tail, which made him scream again.

By the time I rubbed my eyes to see if I was really seeing an alarm clock hanging from dog’s tail, my husband was up and took charge immediately.

Apparently, he doesn’t have to rub his eyes and look twice to see if an alarm clock is just about to decapitate his dog’s tail. He just knew it was and took charge and ripped the cord out of the outlet setting Leroy free.

There’s nothing like a little commotion when you wake up in the morning.

*There was no injuries to Leroy or the alarm clock.

<!– end LinkyTools script –

38 Comments on Tail Troubles

July 21, 2014 at 10:21 am (5 months ago)

Hilarious! We haven’t used an alarm clock in years. I’m reading this thinking, “Why doesn’t she just use her phone as an alarm clock?” Then imagining the havoc Leroy would wreak with a pricey phone. Hmm.
    Flea recently posted…Cute Sleepy Pets, FBM 81My Profile

2. Cathy
    July 21, 2014 at 10:37 am (5 months ago)

I was laughing out loud as I read this. Mind not at you, but with you, as I can full understand and appreciate what you are saying and totally relate to you as well. Usually, Abbie, our newfie’s tail likes to fling my husbands glasses either across the room or directly under her feet. And I swear to this day she can hear my eye’s open and jump up running out of her sleeping spot in our shower….They definitely add entertainment value to our lives. :)

3. Beth
    July 21, 2014 at 11:17 am (5 months ago)

Oh dear! Barley’s tail is dangerous, too. It’s the perfect height for clearing the coffee table–so I’ve had to clean up wine and beer spills many times! Not to mention the normal papers, remotes, etc. that get knocked off on a regular basis! Luckily, her tail has never gotten caught in anything, but she does have a knack for pulling the chord out of my laptop!
    Beth recently posted…Adventures with LindseyMy Profile

July 21, 2014 at 11:52 am (5 months ago)

I look around my house and I see so much I would need to change if I had big dogs with big tails. But my life isn’t nearly as funny as yours is. I’m kind of envious.
    jan recently posted…Mr. Schnitzel is the Fastest Weiner in the WestMy Profile

July 21, 2014 at 12:48 pm (5 months ago)

What a way to wake up! I guess its time for a battery or windup alarm clock Jen. No pesky cords to get in the way of those happy tails.

July 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm (5 months ago)

Holy Milkbones! Bailie and I have been nicknamed thumper because we are always wagging our tails and they then hit walls, furniture, the floor, etc. We never wake up Mom, though, she wakes us up. Once we are up, we don’t even go outside for another hour or so. Your pups need to learn to sleep longer ;) Glad he still has his tail in tact, and perhaps it would be better used for dusting.
    Emma recently posted…The PlaygroundMy Profile

July 21, 2014 at 1:16 pm (5 months ago)

Oh boy… judging by the title, I was thinking you might have some big ‘ole bruises on your legs from a very strong, happy tail… which can sometimes be hard to explain to others who don’t quite understand!
    Glad to hear neither the boy OR the clock were harmed…. ;)
    Nichole recently posted…Monday Mischief: Foster Family UpdateMy Profile

July 21, 2014 at 1:35 pm (5 months ago)

Wow! That is definitely a startling way to wake up from a sound sleep. Is it wrong for these stories to make me love Leroy even more?? He really does look so sweet and innocent for a rock eating, alarm clock crashing, havoc creating Newfie! Thanks for the laughs and give them both a kiss from me. ♥♥
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…National Ice Cream DayMy Profile

9. Miley
    July 21, 2014 at 1:53 pm (5 months ago)

Well, that is definitely a wake up call! Ouch!! We blogged about Bruin’s tail today! :)
    Miley recently posted…The Tale of the TailMy Profile

10. cathy bennett
    July 21, 2014 at 2:09 pm (5 months ago)

So, here’s my take (teethe) w/o the assistance of the “tail” you might be seduced into hitting the snooze button – throwing you all off schedule….
    They’re helping you start your day in time…..

July 21, 2014 at 2:27 pm (5 months ago)

LOL Thanks for sharing. P.s. That face is adorable Leroy :)

12. Ruby
    July 21, 2014 at 2:37 pm (5 months ago)

Wows!! that sounds like fun Leroy!! I gots to try that..then again, my tail is too short I thinks.
    Well, I’ll think of something…
    Oh, and BTW, you DO look all innocent and sweet. Keep it up, no one will EVER believes your Moms! bol
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    Ruby recently posted…Black and White Sunday…(no bloodshed)My Profile

July 21, 2014 at 2:58 pm (5 months ago)

Good morning!!! LOL!! That is not a very nice way to be woken up, but I’m glad everyone came out of it OK. I often wake up before the alarm goes off, and I have to lay perfectly still and not let the dogs know I’m awake, because once they do, yup, time to get up everyone!!!
    BTW, he does look totally sweet and innocent, so this story is hard to believe. :)
    Jan K recently posted…Cat Mischief II – Samantha’s RevengeMy Profile

14. Tenacious Little Terrier
    July 21, 2014 at 6:00 pm (5 months ago)

That must have been hilarious! Afterwards that is. Mr. N’s tail curls over his back plus he’s small so it never gets in the way of anything.

July 22, 2014 at 4:33 am (5 months ago)

Is it wrong that I am beyond impressed that there were no damages to the alarm clock?? Sounds like an interesting way to start the day, nothing better than jumping out of bed in fear is there!!
    Lauranne recently posted…It’s the rule not the exception.My Profile

16. Monika & Sam
    July 23, 2014 at 11:28 am (5 months ago)

Oh my gosh, you needed a disclaimer so people don’t snort coffee all over their computer screens when reading your post! That was priceless. Thank you for sharing a classic tail wagging adventure. Glad Leroy and the clock are still ticking. :)
    Monika & Sam recently posted…Lean on MeMy Profile

17. CrazyDogLife
    July 23, 2014 at 1:13 pm (5 months ago)

Haha, so funny. I too lie in bed hoping the tail wagging does not commence. Once it does, I am toast. Nadie will just stand next to the bed and bang her tail against it until I get up and let her out. Loved the tail … made me smile :)
    CrazyDogLife recently posted…Dogs Bark Bakery Gourmet Dessert Treat Giveaway!My Profile

July 28, 2014 at 7:51 am (5 months ago)

BOL!!! My Human says she can always count on Mischief Monday at your house for a good laugh! Now, I have to go pick her up off the floor…evidently this is the funniest one ever! to judge by her reaction!

Hawk aka BrownDog recently posted…Disgusting MischiefMy Profile

19. Bailey
    July 28, 2014 at 10:28 am (5 months ago)

DH isn’t always the first to wake, but once woken is the one more likely to have a reasonable response. Poor Leroy.
    Bailey recently posted…Monday MischiefMy Profile

July 28, 2014 at 12:27 pm (5 months ago)

Give Leroy a kiss and a cuddle for us! <3

21. Jen
    July 30, 2014 at 3:47 pm (5 months ago)

Oh God, what a way to wake up!

Elka seems to know about 1-5 minutes ahead of time when the alarm is set, and will frequently either start a 30 second interval dog noise, or she’ll nose me. Of course, she has much less of a tail to wrap an alarm clock around!
    Jen recently posted…Gunner, red boy with Doberman Rescue LAMy Profile

22. LeeAnna Paylor
    August 4, 2014 at 9:08 am (5 months ago)

I just found you from monday mischief and you are hilarious! lol!
    Just seeing the box of shoes made me cringe as I’m not over my standard poodle eating the toes off two pairs of dance shoes. Your pup’s face is so cute, but I know that just hides the mischief. LeeAnna at not afraid of color