Getting Back On Track

Things have been quite hectic here with summer winding down, the kids going back to school and me getting a promotion at my current job.

Then we all got the stomach flu.

Then football and soccer season started.

To add to all of that, Leroy is still having ups and downs with his health.

I just can’t seem to get this dog back on track with his health and at this point I’m not sure if I ever will.

Today we’re headed back to the vet for some more testing.

He’s got on and off diarrhea,(more on than off) his belly is swollen and his ear infection, which has been non existent for the past several months, is back with a vengeance. And his coat? Is non existent. He lost all of his hair except for his top coat. He looks like shit.

On the plus side, his poor health hasn’t seemed to have much of an impact on his personality, which is still mostly a jerkface.

I had to hand feed him yesterday because he refused to eat his food out of his bowl. He’s getting sick of his food, which is normal for him because he’s very picky, but there’s only so much I can do that won’t upset his stomach, so now he wants me to hand feed him.

Only me.

When my husband feeds him he eats out of the bowl.

This dog is a total player.

And the other day, I tried to sneak into bed for a quick nap and Leroy jumped right on top of me and tried to smother me.

So he’s still Leroy, but not. I just want him to be better and to be a healthy jerkface.

So anyways, that’s the gist of what’s been going down here.

Chaos and chaos.

And a little more chaos.

But don’t forget, I work best under those conditions so as soon as my chaos gets a tiny bit more organized I will be back in full steam blogging.

Oh….and Sherman is doing awesome. I’ll have more on him soon.

41 Comments on Getting Back On Track

August 25, 2014 at 6:25 am (1 month ago)

You have been a bit scarce lately, so we are glad to know you are all okay, well, minus Leroy, but hopefully he will be fine eventually.
    Emma recently posted…My Review Has Been Hijacked Twice!My Profile

August 25, 2014 at 8:19 am (1 month ago)

Glad to see you back, but not glad to hear about Leroy. I hope the vet gets to the bottom of it. Do you think it all stems from the rock eating episode?
    slimdoggy recently posted…Dear Labby: Why Do Dogs Hate the Rain?My Profile

August 25, 2014 at 8:32 am (1 month ago)

Paws crossed you get well quick, like yesterday, Leroy! Think about it fellow…if you smother your mama there will be no more hand feedings!

Hawk aka BrownDog recently posted…Mean Mama MischiefMy Profile

4. Jen
    August 25, 2014 at 9:09 am (1 month ago)

Aw, Leroy, you’re breaking my heart :(

He is a player, though, that made me smile! I know in our house, Elka knows what she can get away with based on which human she’s dealing with.
    Jen recently posted…Wordless Wednesday August 20 2014My Profile

August 25, 2014 at 9:35 am (1 month ago)

I really hope you get some answers Jen, there is nothing worse than watching you pup not feeling himself and not getting answers so you can get it fixed. I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you here and you know how to reach me if you need to unload. :-)
    Jodi recently posted…Watta-MelonMy Profile

6. Mary
    August 25, 2014 at 10:00 am (1 month ago)

Glad to hear from you again, missed you. And that sucks about Leroy. Damn dog…I hope he gets figured out soon.
    Mary recently posted…Saved by the sunshineMy Profile

7. Sue
    August 25, 2014 at 11:02 am (1 month ago)

Glad that Sherman is doing well, but poor Leroy… and poor you! Wish you could find out exactly what’s going on and that there was an easy fix.
    Sue recently posted…No Barking Allowed | Monday MischiefMy Profile

8. CATHY BENNETT
    August 25, 2014 at 11:06 am (1 month ago)

Hang in there girlfriend, grip that ledge and don’t let go. We’re all here for you and both your boys. Hugs to Leroy and head pats to Sherman. Keep the faith and congrat’s on your promotion. How’s Gracie doing? Tell her she’s got blogging fans/followers too! Take care..
    CATHY BENNETT recently posted…BED HOPPING | MONDAY MISCHIEFMy Profile

August 25, 2014 at 11:23 am (1 month ago)

Sorry to hear about the rough times you’ve been having. :(

10. It's Dog or Nothing
    August 25, 2014 at 11:32 am (1 month ago)

Poor Leroy. I really hope he starts feeling better soon. It’s defnitely great that his personality is sticking around.

11. Dolly the Doxie
    August 25, 2014 at 11:52 am (1 month ago)

We think of Leroy when you aren’t around and are very concerned for him also. I hope that you get his health back on track, but as long as his true side shows that has to be good. Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Mischief with my Pals Sugar and RoccoMy Profile

12. Monika
    August 25, 2014 at 12:11 pm (1 month ago)

Sending loads of positive energy your way for getting your guy back to being totally pawsome. :)

August 25, 2014 at 2:15 pm (1 month ago)

I have missed you and I’ve been worried about Leroy. I hope that he gets to feeling better soon. School time with after school activities is a full-time job!
    M. K. Clinton recently posted…Sometimes a BoyMy Profile

14. DZ Dogs
    August 25, 2014 at 2:22 pm (1 month ago)

Poor guy!!

Get better soon!!

~DZ Dogs
    DZ Dogs recently posted…Rest DayMy Profile

August 25, 2014 at 3:16 pm (1 month ago)

Sorry to hear about Leroy, hope they can get things figured out for him and get him back on a healthy track. Life can get crazy sometimes, and hopefully you’ll soon have the kids settled back in school, yourself settled in your new job, and Leroy back to normal. We’ve missed your posts!
    Jan K recently posted…Black & White Sunday: To the Victor…..My Profile

16. Kathy
    August 25, 2014 at 8:00 pm (1 month ago)

Hobie has been having diarrhea on and off all summer as well. I documented it, and the last time was August 5th, and then yesterday so about every 20 days. He has also lost most of his fur — it comes out in clumps. They can’t figure things out here, either. Whichever one of us learns what it is, first, should tell the other! I should be bringing Hobie in next week for another vet appointment. Just can’t make heads or tails of it (sorry for the pun!). Good luck to you and Leroy!
    Kathy recently posted…k2k9 Joins The Writing Process TourMy Profile

August 26, 2014 at 6:20 am (1 month ago)

Wow you really have been busy! Sorry to hear Leroy still isn’t well, thinking of you guys and sending heaps of get well wishes!
    Lauranne recently posted…Why do weddings cost so much?My Profile

18. LeeAnna Paylor
    August 26, 2014 at 10:40 am (1 month ago)

you have so many comments I didn’t read them.

All the symptoms you mention are the same my poodle has, and all are food allergy related.
    To test we went on Science diet zd and his ears cleared up with no meds in two days. He still gets D. if he gets a treat not on his allowed foods. Good luck with your buddy.Also our frontline failed unknown to us, and ours got one tick bite and Rocky mountain spotted fever. We changed to vectra. LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color lapaylor.blogspot.com
    LeeAnna Paylor recently posted…why is he doing this?My Profile

August 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm (1 month ago)

I’m sorry to hear so much about his health is on the fritz. :( We’ve had quite the roller coaster of a ride with Zeus’ sudden onset Vestibular Disease, resulting in aspiration pneumonia thanks to that combined with his mega esophagus. I’ve even lost weight……. It really bites when it’s our 4-legged babies who are sick and can’t really tell us or understand what’s going on. Hang in there!
    Nichole recently posted…Wordless Wednesday… AlmostMy Profile

20. Beth
    August 27, 2014 at 9:46 pm (1 month ago)

So sorry to hear that Leroy is still struggling with so many health issues. I’m sure he’s still handsome regardless of how his coat looks! Sending good vibes your way!
    Beth recently posted…Doggin’ the Berkshires, Part 2My Profile

September 1, 2014 at 9:02 am (1 month ago)

We’ll be thinking of you here at Talent Hounds, stay strong Leroy! Sending love :)

22. Dolly the Doxie
    September 1, 2014 at 8:50 pm (1 month ago)

We are keeping Leroy in our thoughts and hope that he will be back to his old self soon. Sort of. Love Dolly
    Dolly the Doxie recently posted…Daily MischiefMy Profile

23. Sophie
    September 2, 2014 at 4:47 am (1 month ago)

hope Leroy feels better now. my thoughts with him!