This year Leroy has become very comfortable with jumping in my bed in the mornings.
He use to never jump in bed with me. He use to just sit at my bedside and breathe hot air in my face but I guess that got boring so now he has decided that jumping in bed with me is a way better approach to waking me up.
The thing is, I’m a pretty heavy sleeper and most of the time, unless he misjudges his jump and lands on me, I don’t even know he’s in bed with me.
Just like a few weeks ago. I felt hot breath on the back of my neck when I was sleeping and I assumed it was my husband but when I rolled over I realized it was Leroy.
He was laying just like my husband, head on the pillow, all sprawled out and sound asleep.
Weird but cute.
So now that he has realized that he is not going to wake me up by just jumping on the bed he’s started to get creative.
Here’s 10 ways he has accomplished waking me up over the last few months:
1. Stand over me and drool to the point where I think the ceiling is leaking.
2. Slap me across the face with his big, hairy paw when he’s trying to get comfortable. WHAM!
3. Give me good morning kisses, which usually includes a head or nose bop
4. Lay next to me and blow boogers out of his nose onto my face or back of my neck.
5. Snore. Loudly. So loudly that the whole bed is shaking.
6. Start whining. Loudly and pathetically until I rub his belly.
7. Flatulence. So foul that it wakes me up out of a dead sleep, gagging.
8. Lay on the edge of the bed next to me so that I am consciously aware that if I move he might fall off the bed.
9. Lay on my legs until he cuts off the circulation and they begin to go numb and I wake up wondering why I can’t feel the lower half of my body.
10. Sit on my face. Seriously. He did this last week and I almost died laughing. A whole king size bed and he plants his ass on my face. Luckily it was not in conjunction with number 7 or I would no longer be here today.
Laugh all you want. I know deep down inside you are totally jealous.
So how about you? Does you dog have any creative ways of waking you up in the morning?