Giving A Joint Supplement With Confidence #NaturalStride

DSC_06981

Finding a good joint supplement that you trust to give to your dogs can be tough because there is so many out there to choose from. I’ve been using joint supplements for years now for both Sherman and Leroy and we’ve tried a lot.

We’ve tried just about every one that you can find sitting on the self at the vet clinic and more.

I normally go with something that the vet’s recommend and something that I’ve seen work well with other dogs, and when Sherman’s knee issues began, we went with what the orthopedic vet suggested for a joint supplement.

I never had any issues with the joint supplements that I gave and I suppose they did what they were suppose to be doing, but I never really saw any huge changes that made me stop and say, “Wow, now that’s a good joint supplement.”

Which means I wasn’t overly impressed and I kept my options open.

So when I was contacted to try out a new joint supplement called Natural Stride, I did some research and applied to review it. During the application process I had to give Sherman’s age, what type of breed he was and what type of orthopedic issues, if any, he has.

As I was giving my information, I was thinking to myself:

There’s no way I’m going to get this review. Sherman’s knee is an orthopedic mess, and if I do get the chance to do this review that is going to speak volumes to me because that means that this company knows that my dog has a lot of joint issues and they’re willing to put their product to the test on him, knowing that I’m going to share my results with hundreds of people.

I’m up for it. They’re up for it. Good deal.

That’s a company that’s confident in their product and that’s what I’m looking for and that’s why I’ve now added  Natural Stride For Dogs to Sherman’s list of supplements that he gets on a daily basis.

NaturalSolutionsForLife

Besides the HUGE fact that Natural Stride was confident in their product when I applied to do the review a few other things drew me in about their product:

• It’s an all natural product
  • You can see results in days rather than in months
  • Their comprehensive joint formulation claims to repair the joint, not just mask the pain.
  • The product contains Cetyl Myristoleate and it’s the key ingredient in all of their products. Cetyl myristoleate has multiple biological properties, including as an anti-inflammatory and a pain reliever, as well as being an immune system modulator. As supplied, it is a naturally derived, highly purified, and refined waxy ester prepared for oral administration. Because it is an ester form, highly resistant to oxidation, it has a relatively long life in the body.
  • 60 day money back guarantee. I don’t know many joint supplements that offer this.
  • Affordable. Let’s face it, this matters and Sherman is a giant breed dog which means he gets a giant breed dose of most everything and when I left the vet clinic I also left my very nice professional discount, so affordable matters to me.

I’ve been giving Sherman Natural Solutions for Life’s Natural Stride Supplement for about 2 months and I’m excited to share more details about this product and how it has worked in upcoming posts. As always, you should contact your vet before introducing your dog to any new supplements and keep in mind, what works for one dog may not work for another.

***Updated***SPECIAL DISCOUNT JUST FOR YOU! GET 20% OFF ANY ORDER OF DOG, EQUINE OF HUMAN PRODUCT USING CODE BROWN20. (good through 3/31/14)

**Disclosure-“This post is sponsored by Natural Solutions for Life on behalf of the BlogPaws Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Natural Solutions for Life’s Natural Stride Supplement, but My Brown Newfies only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Natural Solutions is not responsible for the content of this article.

31 Comments on Giving A Joint Supplement With Confidence #NaturalStride

1. Vlad & Barkly's Dee
    November 19, 2013 at 2:16 am (1 year ago)

This sounds like a really good product for me to keep in mind for Vlad if he develops any issues when he gets older. Right now he’s just on a basic, human glucosamine/HA supplement to try to stave off issues later on in life. Hopefully he won’t have so many age-related issues when he gets older by starting him out so young.

Funny thing I just noticed. Vlad crosses his front legs like that (my sons call him prissy) when he sits down and looks on attentively. Even the vet has laughed and asked me if he always laid down like that. Has anyone said anything to you about him crossing his legs like that? I’ve never had another dog before that did that.

November 19, 2013 at 10:52 pm (1 year ago)

Lol. People comment on Leroy’s crossed paws all the time! He’s the first dog that I’ve ever had that does this and I love it!

Love that Vlad does this too!

2. 2browndawgs
    November 19, 2013 at 7:09 am (1 year ago)

It is getting to be the time when we need to start thinking about supplements for Thunder as he ages. I look forward to hearing more about this product.
    2browndawgs recently posted…Fun Pheasant HuntMy Profile

November 19, 2013 at 10:52 pm (1 year ago)

I have lots to say about this product and I look forward to sharing more with you :)

November 19, 2013 at 10:53 pm (1 year ago)

November 19, 2013 at 8:15 am (1 year ago)

Great review! We are in the campaign also, and have had good results with our golden retriever Sheba who has arthritis. I also appreciate that the company has confidence in it’s product, and that it seems like it might work for many different kinds of joint issues.
    Jan K recently posted…Keeping Our Arthritic Dog Active #NaturalStrideMy Profile

November 19, 2013 at 10:55 pm (1 year ago)

That is so good to hear that you have seen good results with Sheba. I was impressed with the results I saw in Sherman too.
      The confidence that Natural Solutions had was a big plus for me too!

November 19, 2013 at 8:37 am (1 year ago)

You have really piqued my curiosity about this! I’ve been starting to look for a decent supplement for Bunny now that she’s getting a little older and this appeals to me!
    houndstooth recently posted…The BusybodyMy Profile

November 19, 2013 at 10:56 pm (1 year ago)

Good! I can’t wait to share more!

5. Roxy the Traveling Dog
    November 19, 2013 at 8:50 am (1 year ago)

I really wish i could give something to Roxy. I am pretty positive she is allergic to glucosomine though. A few years ago I had her on a supplement for her arthritis and she reacted badly. Then I found out glucosomine is kinda like shell fish, which i know for sure she can’t have.

November 19, 2013 at 11:00 pm (1 year ago)

Oh no….that stinks that Roxy is allergic to shell fish! I do remember reading once that some glucosamine is taken from plants but its not easy to find and most is from shell fish. Poor Roxy!

November 19, 2013 at 9:30 am (1 year ago)

It’s funny you posted about this because mom is looking for one for me
    Lily

November 19, 2013 at 11:02 pm (1 year ago)

I know from experience that there are so many out there to choose from and it can be hard finding one that is right, I was lucky to get the chance to try this one.

7. Taryn
    November 19, 2013 at 9:57 am (1 year ago)

Having corgis and all the long-back/stubby-legs issues that come with the breed, I’ve been giving supplements since they were pups. This sounds like a good mix of ingredients. When it’s time for more product, I may have to give this a try!
    Taryn recently posted…Adding Insult to Injury!My Profile

November 19, 2013 at 11:03 pm (1 year ago)

If you do give it a try definitely let us know how it works! I liked it a lot :)

8. emma
    November 19, 2013 at 10:12 am (1 year ago)

For my sister Katie nothing worked whether it came from the vet or highly recommended by other bloggers, but now we are using P&B supplements and they have been a miracle. Now we are hearing about this one. Good to know but unless our current supplement stops working we will stick with it.
    emma recently posted…Made in the USA #NudgesMoments | GBGVMy Profile

November 19, 2013 at 11:04 pm (1 year ago)

That is great that you find a supplement that is working so well for Katie! That is what is important!

November 19, 2013 at 11:04 pm (1 year ago)

That exactly what I thought too Dawn :)

November 19, 2013 at 11:05 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Sue! I’m looking forward to more reports too!

November 19, 2013 at 11:06 pm (1 year ago)

They just gave me one to offer Jodi: BROWN20. It’s good for 20% off until March ;)

November 19, 2013 at 11:07 pm (1 year ago)

It’s so great to hear that Shiner is having good results too!

November 20, 2013 at 4:45 am (1 year ago)

Sounds like a great product, I can’t wait to read more about it. Is it available in the UK?

November 21, 2013 at 9:26 am (1 year ago)

I have to check on that Laureanne.

November 21, 2013 at 7:17 pm (1 year ago)

I just learned that it is not available in the UK at this time, but hopefully in the future it will be.

November 24, 2013 at 1:53 pm (1 year ago)

We’ve been through dozens of joint supplements, including human variety as well. Right now we’re doing Cosequin for Zeus… and some other brand for Lola.
    Nichole recently posted…Black & White Sunday: Snow!My Profile

11. Kimberly, The Fur Mom
    December 4, 2013 at 3:41 pm (12 months ago)

I thought of your dogs when I was introduced to this product. I wasn’t expecting much and I’m glad, because it completely surprised me. It’s truly a great product and I’m excited to have a back up plan :)

Thanks for sharing your experience; I’m excited to read upcoming updates.
    Kimberly, The Fur Mom recently posted…Puppy Mills | It’s About Raising Awareness, Not Changing MindsMy Profile