While I keep seeing blog posts pop up from fellow pet bloggers about their 2017 BlogPaws Conference experience, I’m still in a fog. My thoughts are still jumbled and I’m trying to get caught up on sleep but I have to start some where so here is where I’ll start:
This will literally be a list of things that I will be talking about for at least the next month. There was a lot going on at once so there’s a lot to cover and I want to be as detailed as my brain will let me be but I need to make a list so that my brain will be able to do that.
Does that make sense? It does to me.
Before I get to the list I will tell you that my experience taking Leroy to his first ever BlogPaws was amazing. He was amazing, I’ve never been more proud of him. I took this dog, put him in a car for 11 plus hours, put him in a hectic environment with new people and pets and his laid back demeanor never wavered. Not once.
In no specific order, here’s the list of topics you can expect to see over the next month, maybe more:
- Traveling with Leroy. The good, the bad, and the challenges. For the most part, our trip went well but we did face a few challenges. Finding a pet friendly hotel on our trip down, the heat, getting from point A to point B in timely fashion and a figuring out who I trust enough to watch my dog while I pee.
- My experience being a BlogPaws Ambassador. I don’t think I knew what being a BlogPaws Ambassador really was until I got to the conference. All I can say is that I hope I did them proud.
- Big dog obstacles. I don’t want to say discrimination but that’s kind of what we encountered in a few areas. Maybe more of the forgotten size dog, the less thought of dog. From pet products to pet friendly polices it doesn’t always mean it works for every size pet. This is an area that needs to be talked about so that it can be brought to people’s attention. Big dogs are overlooked.
- How to be a good ambassador for your breed. I hope that Leroy and I did the breed proud while we were at a conference of over 500 people. We encountered hundreds of questions and I had a roll of paper towels with every step we took. Being a good ambassador means more than just being a supporter, it also means being responsible.
- New products. Every single sponsor that was at the conference was awesome but I zoned in on a handful that I feel would be a good fit for us and you. These brands have amazing new products either out now or coming out soon. I really hope that I have a chance to work with them!
- We won! We won our third Nose to Nose Award! Can you believe it?! I can’t. It still hasn’t sunk in yet. It’s just such an amazing honor to win an award.
- Scared! She went from being terrified of giant breed dogs to being in love with one. Yep. Leroy took the big dog fear right out of one of my good friends who happened to also be our roommate.
That’s my list for now. If there’s something that’s not here that you want to hear about just let me know. Now…..which one should I start with first?????