I’ve been a fan of VetriScience since I worked at the vet. I’m a HUGE fan of their products so I was really excited to meet them at BlogPaws a few months ago and now I’m super excited to be partnering with them as a blogger to share some of their great products!
Today we’re going to talk about periodontal support for dogs.
I’ve been quite lucky with Sherman’s teeth. For a dog who’s going to be 9 in November his teeth don’t look a day over 4.
He has some mild tartar and little bit of doggy breath.
The tartar I’ve been able to keep at bay so far with brushing. We don’t brush his teeth every single day but I try to get in there about 1-2 times a week.
Since he’s not getting any younger I thought it might be time to step up his dental care just a bit by increasing his brushing, offering him some more chewing options and adding in periodontal support.
I’ve been using a product from VetriScience called Perio Support. It’s a powder that I sprinkle on Sherman’s food daily and it’s suppose to help control plaque formation on the teeth.
How does it do that?
Perio Support includes natural zeolites and unique minerals that help prevent plaque formation. It also contains beneficial, direct-fed microbials, lactobacillus acidophilus and enterococcus faecium, which help restore microbial balance in the mouth and displace unhealthy plaque-causing bacteria.
- Natural Zeolites are unique minerals that help prevent plaque from forming and sticking to teeth.
- Zinc penetrates plaque on the teeth and oxidizes it, resulting in less plaque formation.
- Cranberry is a source of antioxidants rich in bioflavonoids that support gum tissue health. They also help interfere with bacteria that can lead to plaque buildup and tissue destruction.
- Taurine works with zinc to support gum tissue health and strength. Strong gum tissue is important since bacteria grows on dead tissue.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus help support a healthy bacterial balance in the mouth. They help the body displace unhealthy plaque-causing bacteria to support strong gums and fresh breath.
- Yucca Shidigera Extract is an herb that helps inhibit enzymes that break down the structural integrity of gum tissue.
- Vegetable Fats ensure product palatability, help ingredients adhere to the teeth, and provide essential fatty acids that support
How’s it working?
I’ve been using this product on Sherman for about 3 weeks and I do have to say that his breath smells a little nicer! I’ve also noticed that his gums look cleaner if that makes any sense at all. As far as I know he hasn’t learned how to swish water around in his mouth and spit it out so I would have to give full credit of that to the Perio Support.
It also doesn’t seem to deter Sherman from his food so I’m thinking he’s digging the taste of it.
Besides the fact that it seems to be doing what it’s meant to do I also like the fact that the Perio Support can be used on dogs of all weight ranges. Sherman gets 2 teaspoons per meal so the 4.2oz bottle will easily last us a month. If I can make anything last a month with these guys, that’s a plus!
This post is sponsored by VetriScience and FoodScience Corporation and contains affiliate links. I am being compensated for this post but My Brown Newfies only shares information that we feel is relevant to our readers and products we use ourselves. FoodScience Corporation is not responsible for the content of this article.
67 6 1