I admit that I’ve been kind of hard on some people who we encounter on our walks.
Maybe not hard to them personally, like to their face, but I’ve poked fun, been totally annoyed and not all that nice in my head to some of them.
Take for instance last week when my husband and I were taking the dogs for a walk and a pizza delivery guy was just finishing up his delivery and he was getting back in his car and said, “Looks like you’re walking 2 bears. Haha.”
Of course I smiled and fake laughed and then I muttered to my husband, ” Like I’ve never heard that one before. Yeah. Cause people always walk bears down the street on a leash.”
I’ve been too hard people.
It’s just a sight to see. I get it, so now I have to come clean.
I’m not a perfect dog walker and I have no room to bitch.
Here’s a few things that I do wrong when out walking the dogs.
- Bark back at people who bark at us when they are driving by. I did this the other day. You gonna woof woof me and scare the crap out of me. I’m gonna woof woof back at you and throw in a few choice words.
- Use my middle finger when people beep the horn. I should just ignore it but I get caught up in the heat of the moment and lose control of my middle finger.
- Forget poop bags. Sherman and Leroy normally don’t poop on walks but every once in a blue moon they do so I have a roll of poop bags attached to the leash. I switched leashes a few weeks ago and forget to attach the poop bags and Leroy pooped. Of course someone was walking by and I felt like a very bad person leaving it. I did go back and pick it up but I’m sure the person that caught us doesn’t know that.
- Dance while walking. I don’t normally dance on walks but it was a bad day and I needed to shake my groove a little. According to my husband that just draws more attention to us because it looks like I’m walking a bear and having a seizure.
- Put my phone down my pants. Let me explain. I have to have my phone on me when I go for walks in case something would happen. It’s a safety issue. But sometimes I don’t have pockets or my pockets are too small so I put my phone on the side of my pants, by the waistband. Sometimes it falls. All the way down my leg. So I’m reaching down or up my pants while walking a bear, which I’m sure looks odd to some and it totally annoys Leroy because it throws off his walking groove. I know. I should just invest in a phone clip.
- Wear flip flops. I’ve discussed the dangers of this several times and swear I will never wear them again but I love my flip flops no matter how much damage they do. Winter is coming so I’ll be safe soon.
- Pick things off the dogs while we’re walking. It bothers me when they have leaves sticks or bugs on them so sometimes they have to stop while I pick stuff off of them, wipe their eye boogers, pull a loose hair or fling some slobber. It totally annoys them.
So there’s my list. I take full responsibility for not being a perfect dog walker. How about you? Anything you do on walks with your dog that you can improve on?
Welcome to Monday Mischief – The pet blog hop that wraps up the weekend! This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s Blog, Snoopy’s Dog Blog, and My Brown Newfies.